The Nail Industry is still one of the fastest growing industries in the whole of South Africa and since the late 1990’s the growth hasn't slowed.
Everyone wants to know why Nails is such a big, fast growing industry, I don’t think that there is one single reason, instead there are a number of very powerful factors influencing the ongoing growth of the industry, so let me share some of them with you.
- Nail care isn’t just grooming anymore. It’s about standing out and expressing yourself. Over the last few years tattoos have become mainstream, and a similar trend has happened with Nails and Nail Art. Just a few short years ago, Nail Art wasn’t very popular in South Africa – the average consumer stuck to conservative French Nails, but now everyone wants their nails done with their own unique Nail Art design that they can show off to their friends. Magnetic is at the forefront of this trend.
- Innovative new Nail Technology products are driving massive growth. Gel Polish has literally revolutionized the nail industry. The idea of a nail polish like application and quick and easy removal has obviously been an immediate hit with Nail Technicians. But, Gel Polish has also been a massive hit with consumers. When consumers learned that they could get durable Gel Polish in every colour under the sun without spending hours in the Salon, they started visiting Nail Tech’s in droves.
- The South African Economy itself has also helped the Industry to grow. With the economy being so tough, people everywhere have been looking for a second income. It doesn’t take all that long to do an internationally recognized course like Magnetic offers and within a reasonably short time you can become a qualified Nail Technician earning a really good income with very little overheads.
- Social Media sites like Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram have also caused a massive explosion in the Industry. Do some research on the internet and you will discover that “Nail Art” is one of the top five most tagged items on both Pinterest and Instagram. When the popularity of image driven social media sites like Pinterest and Instagram exploded a few years years ago, nail businesses and nail art have been marketed all over the world.
- Lastly, a career doing nails has gained the respect it deserves. A career in Nail Technology can really pay off. When someone is choosing between, say, doing hair and doing nails, nails really has great appeal. It’s fun, it pays relatively well, the education requirements are shorter, plus you are not standing on your feet for eight hours a day. And for every little girl who loved playing with her mom’s getting to do it for a living is a dream come true!
This massive growth means two very important things for you as a professional Nail Tech.
Firstly, there is obviously massive opportunity within the nail industry. There are Nail Tech's in South Africa earning a good income and so can you.
Secondly, this opportunity brings a huge amount of competition in the market place. Does that mean you need to worry? Absolutely not. Most of your competitors don't know how to grow and manage a successful nail business. That’s why Magnetic keeps encouraging you to develop your business skills, not just your Nail Technology skills.It is the reason why we created our new workshop "The Nail Tech's step by step guide to finding clients, getting your diary full and making money."
So I would encourage you to do everything you can to succeed in the Nail Industry. Get the information you need to grow a profitable, successful Nail Business, because if you don't, your competitors will. If you are interested in growing your Nail Business, fill in the form below and we will contact you.